"Established in 2014 from over 200 years of faith in Christ!"
Come Worship with us:
Sunday 9 am live streaming service on Facebook.
Please click here:
The Eighth Sunday after Pentecost
click here: 07/18/21 9:oo a.m. bulletin
This Sunday is the Eighth Sunday after Pentecost. We continue our readings in the life of David and the history of the monarchy of ancient Israel. We also hear more of the Gospel according to St. Mark. We will hold in-person and live-streamed worship. The instructions for you to take part via livestreaming are in this message.
- Coffee Hour is back!
- Communion after the service will be administered on the first Sunday of each month. (Next Date: Sunday, August 1).
- Parking Lot Communion after Worship on August 1:
Communion will be distributed beginning at approximately 10:00 a.m. as follows:
After the livestreamed service, those wishing Communion may come to the parking lot between 10:00 and 10:15, where Fr. Wand will administer Communion. Please follow the following directions:
- Drive to the Church using the entrance off Mount Road. Come up the driveway the regular way toward the front of the Church.
- When you are in front of the Church, stop, turn off your car, and wait. Be sure your mask is on correctly. As the priest moves along the line of cars, open your window. You do not need to get out of your car.
- When the Priest comes to your car, extend your hands to receive the wafer. The priest will place a wafer on your hand. When the priest has moved on, adjust your mask briefly, and consume the wafer.
- Exit via Pennell Road ("The Back Way.").
- Vestry meets, takes actions, and makes plans for fall activity
- Funerals and Memorial Services scheduled
A memorial service for Ed Hess, Sr., will be held on Saturday, August 28. Details will be forthcoming.
- Fr. Wand away through Monday, July 19
- Food Pantry Ministry Evolving to Meet Changing Conditions
Starting in August, our Outreach Coordinator, Leigh Oppelt, will make known a particular item we are asking be donated for that month [e.g., canned green beans]. This item will be publicized before the beginning of the month. Any items donated are accepted with thanks, but we will be concentrating on the "Item of the Month." First item (for August) will be announced by July 25.
- Fall Community Events Planned
Touch a Truck and Treat October 16 [Rain Date October 23]. We will assemble various kinds of trucks. (Know a truck owner? Talk to Jill Graham!) Then we let our neighbor small children touch, sit in, and even blow the horns of these giant vehicles. We will also invite folks to decorate tables we provide and hand out treats. All the children will be encouraged to meet our wonderful pre-school staff and tour the pre-school. Find out how you can be a part of this fun event!
- Cemetery Committee to meet again August 11
- Training for Livestreaming Assistants Scheduled
- Worship changes made recently will continue and be augmented
Assistance with Livestreaming Needed
We will be recruiting folks to aid in the livestreaming of worship services. Celebrating the Eucharist, supervising the camera and music, and checking on the outgoing video is more than can be done by one person deftly. More news about this later.
Readers/Intercessors Needed for Worship Services
With the installation of the new camera, audio, Internet, and streaming equipment, worship is no longer a solo by the Priest celebrating. Parishioners are needed to read lessons and lead prayers--one per service. If you can help, please leave a message at the Church Office. The use of a single person to help with worship each Sunday will continue beyond the pause of in-person worship.
How to Donate to the Parish Every Time You Order from Amazon:
Our parish is listed as a charity that is eligible for a donation of 0.5% of the purchase price of all the items you buy on Amazon. All you have to do is shop at Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) and choose our parish as your designated charity. If you already have an Amazon login, the next time you shop, go to smile.Amazon.com to make your purchases. When you first login to Amazon Smile they will prompt you to select a charity. We will be listed as Resurrection Episcopal Church Rockdale for you to find and select our parish. Any items that you find on the regular Amazon site are also waiting for you on Amazon Smile. Pass this information on to family and friends. On a quarterly basis, Amazon will deposit the funds collected from all of your purchases directly to the church bank account
You don't need to have a Facebook account to watch our service.
You can watch on a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
Power up your device and open either the Facebook app or your browser
[e.g., Internet Explorer, Google, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.].
A few minutes before 9:00, go to the Church's page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Resurrection-Episcopal-Church-Rockdale-128756220497593/
"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with us all evermore."
[II Cor. 13:14]
(The Rev.) Thomas C. Wand
Resurrection Episcopal Church, Rockdale
Most Sunday Mornings:
- Rite I 8 AM
- Rite II with music and Sunday School 10 AM
Summer Service (Memorial Day-Labor Day)
- Rite II with music 9 AM